On April 28, 1914 the Lithuanian parish of Ss. Peter & Paul purchased ten acres of land on Preston Avenue, N.W. under the direction of Rev. John Gervickas and the prodding of parishioners, Mr. K. Zaleduonis and Mr. Stanley Barto. The beautiful ground is in a park style design with hills and curves to the roads. In the center of the cemetery is a raised circle garden with a statue of the Risen Christ. Noted in granite around the circle are all of the priests that have served at Ss. Peter & Paul. Going west from the Risen Christ is a tall wooden cross carved out of cedar wood that was placed in memory of the Lithuanian families that left their homeland during World War II.
There are many available spaces at Ss. Peter & Paul Cemetery and families do not have to be Lithuanian, as was in the past. All of the sections allow for both monuments and flush markers.